We all have Stories- Storytelling Specialists
We all have stories and there is great value in listening to each other. Storylines is a Community Interest Company, which supports people, organisations and communities to unearth and creatively share personal stories. As storytelling specialists, we do this through-
- Recording memories and experiences
- Digital storytelling
- Story led engagement
- Story centered interpretation
- Social enterprise stories
- Training and consultancy.
Since launching in 2014 Storylines have worked in collaboration with numerous organisations and communities, enabling our work to benefit a wide range of people of all ages. At the heart of everything we do are stories. Storylines have experience working across a range of sectors including social, cultural, heritage and environmental. Our past clients include the National Maritime Museum Cornwall, the Hall for Cornwall, Cornwall Council, Bude Climate Partnership, and the University of Exeter, as well as numerous community groups and creative practitioners.
As storytelling specialists we create safe and welcoming spaces that allow people to openly share and listen deeply. We believe that this form of connection is much needed in the light of the increasing rates of social isolation and alienation we see today.
The benefits of our approach is nuanced and vast. Our work-
- Encourages empathy and understanding
- Promotes wellbeing
- Inspires change
- Gives voice to a wide range of people, including those who are marginalised
- Address’s isolation and loneliness
- Boosts confidence and raises self esteem
- Provides opportunities for connection
- Breaks down barriers
- Increases awareness and understanding
- Fosters resilient communities
If you or your organisation have a story to tell, then please get in touch.